CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What should I do.

Well if any of you know me I have worked at Intel for 13+ years on nights (7:00 PM to 7:30 AM). I really enjoy nights because because of no managers I get to make life altering/changing decisions and the Schedule has really worked well with my family Schedule. My Management have come to me in this last week and asked if I would move to Day schedule. It would still be a compressed 12 shift but from 7:00 AM to 7:30 PM on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and every other Wednesday. I would lose money (12% of my income) and I would be working with management. I'm still struggling with the idea. My lovely wife told me I could because she is supporting me and I think she know I'm getting older because of the brutal schedule of switching back and forth each week. I would lose having Saturdays off but I would not have to work Sundays nights and the switching of schedules from nights to day would be over. I'm going to think it over for a week and let them know. If any of you have any opinions on this I would really like to know.

Just and update:
I have decided to stay on nights for a while longer. I will try it for another 2 years and who to say what I will do after that.

2 comments:

Campbell Family said...

I didn't realize you had a blog, Uncle David!! I'm no help on the schedule change. Neither idea sounds good, although I have heard that working nights takes 7 years off your life. :) But who believes those random facts, anyways, right?
Good luck.

Niel Christiansen said...

Just tell them you want more money and that you are worth it. They should be happy to give you 20% pay raise just so they can have you expertise available to them during the day.